Fair Credit Reporting

How to Dispute Information on Your Credit Report

Every month we report information about our loan accounts to the national credit repositories (Equifax, TransUnion, Experian, and Innovis).  If you believe we have reported inaccurate or incorrect information about you to the credit repositories, you can contact them to dispute the information.

Or, you can contact us directly by mail at the following address:

Home Bank SB
Attn: Loan Servicing
P.O. Box 1677
Martinsville, IN 46151

After you contact us we will conduct a reasonable investigation to determine whether the information we have reported about you is correct.  We will notify you of the results of our investigation within 30 days.  If the information we reported about you is not correct, we will report the corrected information to the credit repositories.

So that we can do a fair and complete investigation, we will require that you provide us with the following information:

  • The account number and the type of  account to which the dispute relates
  • Your full name
  • Your address
  • Your Social Security Number
  • Your phone number
  • A copy of the credit report that contains the disputed information
  • A written explanation of the nature and basis of your dispute along with supporting documentation

Depending on the circumstances, we may also ask for the following additional information:

  • Account statements
  • Police reports
  • Fraud or Identity Theft Affidavits
  • Court Orders
  • Any other information that we believe would be helpful in conducting our investigation

View a summary of your rights under Section 609(c) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Obtain a free copy of your credit report

CEO MessageIcon for: Message

Image for: CEO

Do you know someone who dreams big and works hard for others? I do. Her name is Kris Gill and she’s the definition of a servant leader. Kris aspires to lead by serving first, putting others' needs above her own, and focusing on the growth and well-being of her community. To honor Kris and others like her, we created the Kris Gill Servant Leadership Award. If you know a servant leader like Kris, click the link below and nominate them and we’ll donate $5,000 to a non-profit of the winner’s choice. Let’s give honor to whom honor is due.

Kris Gill Servant Leadership Award Application

Lost/Stolen ATM Card

To report a lost or stolen DEBIT CARD, please call (765) 342-6695 or (888) 253-3003, Option 3. To protect yourself from unauthorized usages on your debit card after it's been lost or stolen, turn the activation off through our Mobile App!

For your convenience when you need a replacement, we also offer Instant Issue Debit Cards!

Inquiries can also be mailed to the following address:

Home Bank SB
P.O. Box 1677
Martinsville, IN 46151