How to Dispute Information on Your Credit Report
Every month we report information about our loan accounts to the national credit repositories (Equifax, TransUnion, Experian, and Innovis). If you believe we have reported inaccurate or incorrect information about you to the credit repositories, you can contact them to dispute the information.
Or, you can contact us directly by mail at the following address:
Attn: Loan Servicing
P.O. Box 1677
Martinsville, IN 46151
After you contact us we will conduct a reasonable investigation to determine whether the information we have reported about you is correct. We will notify you of the results of our investigation within 30 days. If the information we reported about you is not correct, we will report the corrected information to the credit repositories.
So that we can do a fair and complete investigation, we will require that you provide us with the following information:
- The account number and the type of account to which the dispute relates
- Your full name
- Your address
- Your Social Security Number
- Your phone number
- A copy of the credit report that contains the disputed information
- A written explanation of the nature and basis of your dispute along with supporting documentation
Depending on the circumstances, we may also ask for the following additional information:
- Account statements
- Police reports
- Fraud or Identity Theft Affidavits
- Court Orders
- Any other information that we believe would be helpful in conducting our investigation
View a summary of your rights under Section 609(c) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.